Win a city break to Budapest courtesy of Teletext Holidays
Win a three-night trip for two to historic and buzzing Budapest, with flights included
Budapest’s charm lies in the old and new. Offering a perfect blend of stunning Old World grandeur and thriving contemporary culture, the Hungarian capital is bursting with life and is the perfect place for a short break this autumn and winter.
Whether you take in the hugely popular autumn festival, the world famous Christmas fair at Vörösmarty Square or visit some of the 100-plus museums that the city boasts, visitors are never short of opportunities to discover a place steeped in history.
The historic sights littered across the city – take your pick from the stunning Hungarian Opera House, St Stephen’s Basilica, Heroes’ Square, Royal Palace and much more – guarantee a memorable trip.
The perfect way to let off some steam during your trip is at one of Budapest’s famous thermal baths, springs and spas, some of which sit outdoors among incredible century old architecture. It isn't called the City of Baths for nothing! Hungary is a land of thermal springs, and Budapest remains the only capital city in the world that is rich in thermal waters with healing qualities. Bliss.
The nightlife scene is buzzing and there are a plethora of restaurants to cater to any taste across both the waterfront walkways and traditional cobbled streets. Hungary is also famous for its wine and Budapest is its focal point, with cellar tasting sessions to remote tasting tours on offer.
For shopaholics there are shopping centres, boutiques and markets selling everything from your world-famous chic to handmade specialties. The markets at Christmas time are a real treat, with stalls, performers and striking decorations lining the city’s streets.
Courtesy of Teletext Holidays you have the chance to win flights for two plus three nights at the central Mercure Budapest Metropol hotel, the perfect place to lay your your head while you discover the city’s delights. Read more about Teletext Holidays here: www.teletextholidays.co.uk
To enter just answer the following question:
Budapest is the capital of which country?
Send entries marked BUDAPEST to email@example.com or post them to The Big Issue, 43 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 1HW. Closing date July 25. Please include your name, address and contact telephone number on your entry. Only one entry per competition is accepted, multiple entries will be disqualified along with any entries submitted via agencies or third parties. Please include ‘OPT OUT’ on your competition entry if you do not wish to receive any future information or updates from The Big Issue Magazine. We will not pass on your details to any third party.
Please read the terms and conditions.
Competition Terms & Conditions - The Big Issue: 3 nights at the Mercure Metropole Hotel in Budapest on a Bed & Breakfast board basis. Included are return flights and accommodation for two.
1. For the prize winners only, we will pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
2. This three-night holiday to Budapest has to be booked and taken between November 1, 2013 and March 1, 2014.
3. The prize is for two adults for three nights at the Mercure Metropole Hotel on a Bed & Breakfast board basis, return flights (hand luggage only). Airport tax is included.
4. Checked in luggage, resort transfers, city tax, spending money, travel insurance, other applicable taxes and any other expenses incurred such as telephone calls, laundry, food, drinks, and tips etc are not included and are the responsibility of the prize winner to settle.
5. Departures during the following peak times; Bank Holidays, and school holiday are excluded.
6. Prize is based on two adults sharing a room.
7. The selected winner will be put in contact with the tour operator for this holiday to arrange dates.
8. The closing date is July 25.
9. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and be a resident of the UK to enter this competition. Entrants must also hold a valid passport.
10. The competition is not open to employees associated with The Big Issue or Teletext Limited, and their associated companies or their families.
11. This prize is non-transferrable and must be taken by the prize winner only.
12. There are no cash alternatives or alternative prizes available.
13. In the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable Teletext Ltd reserves the right to offer an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
14. The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries and will be formally notified (by email or telephone) within five working days of the closing date.
15. The main winner of the holiday prize must respond within five working days of being notified to claim their prize.
16. Teletext and The Big Issue decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
18. Use of false name or addresses, for example, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. The Big Issue reserves the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and age and address as directed by Teletext before such person may claim their prize. In certain circumstances, Teletext shall, at its discretion, require any person to present themselves in person supported by such documentation for identification purposes (we will reimburse all reasonable travel costs incurred) prior to releasing the prize.
19. Teletext Ltd and The Big Issue shall be entitled to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time prior to the closing date by publishing any such modification or termination on the Big Issue website. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
20. Entrants may only enter this competition once
21. These rules are governed by English law.