Become a Supporting Subscriber and help create a job for a homeless person… As a result of the current economic climate, homelessness is on the increase in the UK. The Big Issue offers homeless people and those at risk of homelessness the opportunity to earn an income, thereby reducing their reliance on state or charity support. However, selling the magazine on the streets is unrelentingly tough, hence we at The Big Issue are committed to creating new opportunities for vendors which take them off the streets, and hopefully lead to permanent employment.
What we offer
Pre-order copies of The Big Issue direct to your office and play your part in creating employment for a homeless person
- We are inviting organisations to pre-order copies of the magazine to be read by staff and guests
- The magazines will be posted to your premises every week by a vendor ready for the next step, or a homeless person for whom street-based sales is not an option
- This individual will work in a dispatch office, undertaking necessary preparations prior to delivery, and will also receive training and ongoing support
- You may specify how you wish to receive your magazines (pre packaged/pre addressed for delivery into the internal mail etc.)
- Individual corporate subscriptions are priced at £250, with reductions available for multiple copy orders
Benefits to Subscribers
By committing to pre-order copies of the magazine organisations can meet CSR objectives whilst gaining recognition as a 'Supporter Organisation'
- Promotion of your business in the form of a logo, brief description and URL on The Big Issue’s website. The site currently receives 70,000 unique users and 130,000 page views every month
- Play a part in creating employment. Every 200 subscriptions will allow us to create a job for a vulnerable person
- Provide staff and guests with a great magazine
The Big List
The Big Issue Cymru and The Big Issue South West provide an opportunity for organisations to become members of an exclusive subscriptions network with a number of unique benefits, whilst supporting the work of The Big Issue.
What will you receive?
For just £250 a year you will receive:
- A feature editorial* on the Big List page within The Big Issue Cymru or The Big Issue South West
- A feature on our website, including links to your own site
- A copy of all of the 51 issues produced annually
- Your organisation (or name) listed on every Big List page in the magazine
- Facebook & Twitter coverage
- A great read for staff and guests
- The public thinking you’re a lovely organisation!
What do we receive?
- Much needed funds to support our vendor outreach and distribution work
- Help to support our vendors to access housing, healthcare, training, education and employment
- Money to fund the training of our volunteers and vendors
Why choose The Big Issue?
The Big Issue exists to provide homeless and vulnerably housed people with the opportunity to earn an income by selling a magazine to the public.
Many organisations - including John Lewis, Cardiff University, Recovery Cymru, Crimestoppers Wales Cymru, Elm Grove Country House, G H Stationery and Chapter Arts Centre - support us to help promote their campaigns or services to an affluent and socially conscious market, and to demonstrate they care about what happens in their community.
Choosing The Big Issue can help raise awareness within the community of your business and by subscribing, not only are you reaching around 30,000 affluent people every week, but you are ploughing money back into our communities and helping us to address the crippling issues around homelessness.
For further information, or to become a Big List Subscriber, please call 02920 255670 or email email@example.com