Join The Big Issue’s Ride Out Recession Alliance
We must avoid homelessness and create jobs
The Ride out Recession Alliance (RORA) will develop and implement practical steps and solutions to help people remain in employment, preventing families from losing their homes.
The economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic has meant the biggest drop in economic output for 300 years. The bounce back continues, but the path ahead for many remains deeply uncertain. There are still too many unemployed, and vulnerably employed people living in fear of losing their jobs, and their homes.
Since The Big Issue was established in 1991, we have worked for those on the margins of society to offer them a hand up, not a handout. We have always been determined to find new ways to keep people in their jobs and in their homes. Now, we want to do more to help more people who are at increasing risk as a result of the pandemic.
The shock of coronavirus has called for a radical rethink. That’s why we’re building an Alliance of likeminded organisations across the private, third and public sectors. We need your ideas, your support and your courage to help us make a difference. Together, we can ensure the Ride Out recession Alliance helps keep people in jobs, and in their homes.
Our mission is simple. We want to keep people in jobs to prevent homelessness. We will do this by:
- Building an alliance of like minded organisations (across the private, public, and third sectors), working collegiately to innovate, share best practice and campaign on live issues
- Showcasing training, development and live job opportunities to unemployed and vulnerably employed people
- Becoming a destination for training, skills and jobs; providing additional support that helps unemployed and vulnerably employed people back into the workplace preventing them from becoming homeless
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a member of The Big Issue’s Ride out Recession Alliance, you will benefit from:
- Free priority access to The Big Issue Community platform to promote your CSR and community linked stories (please click here for more information; including details on what our standard pricing for this paid service)
- Exclusive Alliance member discounts when posting new jobs on Big Issue Jobs & Training
- Rights to use The Big Issue Ride out Recession Alliance logo in your marketing communications programmes
- Regular events, roundtables and opportunities to network and collaborate with other Alliance members. Access and harness the knowledge, experience, and ideas of 300+ organisations across multiple sectors
- Regular updates about our progress
- Discounts on print or digital subscriptions to The Big Issue magazine, to support our vendors throughout this crisis and beyond
- Recognition from your current / prospective employees and customers thatyou’re supporting The Big Issue in its mission to end poverty