Become a Big Issue vendor
“Being stood there gave me a purpose and a reason to get up in the morning.” – Steven, Big Issue vendor
Are you looking for a flexible way to earn extra cash and develop new skills?
Do you know somebody who could benefit from becoming a Big Issue vendor?
Getting started couldn’t be simpler. We’ll give you five free magazines so you can start earning straight away, and you’ll receive ongoing support from our team.
The Big Issue exists to support people who are homeless, long term unemployed or in need of extra cash to avoid falling into debt. In unpredictable times, we provide an opportunity for people to earn their own income.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 526 3200 (option 1) to find out more.
How it works:
- Vendors buy each copy of the magazine upfront for £1.50 and sell it to the public for £3 – making £1.50 on every copy sold.
- Our vendors wear a red tabard, work from a fixed pitch, and can choose their hours of work
- Our frontline staff work on a one to one basis with vendors to support them on their journey
How we support vendors:
- We support vendors with money management and financial inclusion so they’re able to live debt-free lives and earn an income.
- Our frontline staff work on a one to one basis with vendors to make sure they’re connected to health, housing and mental health support services.
- We provide financial support to vendors through our Vendor Support Fund – whether that’s to buy a card reader, a new suit for a job interview or gain official ID to open a bank account.
- We have a series of programmes to get vendors back into work including corporate placements and partnerships with top organisations.