Making a complaint
If you need to make a complaint about The Big Issue Foundation Services to vendors or Fundraising please follow the guidance below.
You can make a complaint about Foundation Services or Fundraising by contacting The Big Issue Foundation, by:
- Telephone on 0207 526 3454/3458
- email, on email@example.com
- writing to The Big Issue Foundation, 3rd Floor, 113-115 Fonthill Road, London, N4 3HH
Foundation service complaints
To make a service complaint, you will need to provide the following information:
- which Service your complaint is about
- your full name and address
- a contact telephone number and/or email address, in case further information is required
- full details of your complaint
A service manager or appropriate deputy will acknowledge your complaint within three working days of receipt.
They will carry out a full investigation and respond fully within 15 working days via your preferred method of contact.
We will acknowledge fundraising complaints within three working days of receipt. We will carry out a full investigation (provided the complaint is made to us within three months of the incident).
We will respond fully within 10 working days via your preferred method of contact.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you have a further two months to refer the complaint to the Fundraising Regulator.
Our Complaints Policy
- To ensure that staff engaged in or supporting our fundraising understand the Fundraising Regulator standards and our complaints procedure
- To endeavour to resolve complaints as promptly and amicably as possible
- To maintain a record of all complaints and the correspondence related to them
- Acknowledge membership of the Fundraising Regulator standards in our Annual Report
- To complete, and file an annual return with the Fundraising Regulator about the number and nature of complaints received, and the extent to which we were able to amicably resolve them
- To provide copies of our fundraising materials to the Fundraising Regulator if requested to do so
- To promptly provide details about complaints we have received and how we have dealt with them when requested to do so by the Fundraising Regulator
- To cooperate fully with the Fundraising Regulator in the event that a complaint is referred to them and comply with any sanction imposed upon us by them
You can visit the Fundraising Standards Board website for other information.
Our Supporter Promise
- We will always respect your privacy. We will only communicate with you in the way you ask us to. You can change your mind at any time.
- We will always protect your data. Your data is safe with us. We will never sell your details or swap them with any other organisation; and we will always collect and use your data in accordance with Data protection laws.
- We will be always be honest and open with you. If we face challenges or make a mistake we will let you know; we are always learning.
- We are accountable and responsible. We abide by the rules of the Fundraising Regulator and are honest, respectful and accountable to our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will share stories of how your support is helping to create hope and transform lives for the better.
- We have a supporter Care team who are dedicated to you. We always love to hear from you and appreciate all comments and feedback. You help shape our work. Contact us on 0207 526 2458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org