Andrew Scott: From Fleabag’s hot priest to Black Mirror razzmatazz
Andrew Scott’s turn as Fleabag‘s ‘Sexy Priest’ had impact in the UK in a big way, not least sending sales of Marks & Spencer cans of gin and tonic soaring by 25 per cent. But if Sherlock took Scott to a mass audience, his Hamlet won huge plaudits, Fleabag took him further into our hearts and a new role in Black Mirror will widen his global impact, where does Scott go from here?
Also in this week’s issue:
- It has been voted the greatest British film of all time and this month celebrates 50 years since its first screening. But for Troy Kennedy Martin –the man credited as the writer of The Italian Job – the comedy caper about a plot to steal a gold shipment from the streets of Turin by creating a traffic jam was far from ‘bella’ and certainly nothing to be proud about
- Fans know Gloria Estefan for her vocal chops and Latin pop legacy. But it could all have been so different – she told The Big Issue she almost went to study diplomacy in France, such was her family’s belief in education
- Big Issue founder Lord John Bird explains why his new literary paper, Chapter Catcher, can get the nation reading deeper and wider
- Liam Geraghty asks if a radical new approach to council tax can save us from devastating cuts
- And we hear from Big Issue vendor James Heaton, 43, who says selling the magazine has helped put his life back together