COP26: How much will it cost to save the planet?
As world leaders get ready to gather in Glasgow, we take a look at COP26 – the best chance we have of preventing climate carnage…
How much will it cost to save the planet?
The amount is apparently around $50 trillion. It sounds like a big amount but we look into how it needs to be spent, how it compares to the cost of other calamities such as Covid, and find out it’s a pretty small price to pay.
Vital young voices
Grace Maddrell, a 16-year-old campaigner, says we must listen to young activists from countries already on the frontline of the climate crisis
A day in the life 2050
What difference will sticking to emission targets make? We travel to the future to find out the best and worst-case scenarios…
The point of protest
In a rare interview with controversial campaigners Insulate Britain, they explain why the time for polite activism is over
Fixing environmental problems isn’t easy – but we look at the innovative people already making a positive difference
- Actor Mark Strong on the journey from Our Friends in the North to Hollywood
- Finding the real Shane MacGowan meant roving down a different road
- Why George Constanza is an unlikely post-lockdown hero
- Canadian street paper vendor Peter Thompson recalls his childhood home devastated by wildfire
- And a reminder that our Christmas Kids Cover Competition is now open!
Please support your local Big Issue vendor on their pitches in England, Scotland and Wales. If you cannot reach local your vendor, you can still click HERE to subscribe to The Big Issue today or give a gift subscription to a friend or family member. You can also purchase one-off issues from The Big Issue Shop or The Big Issue app, available now from the App Store or Google Play.