The nicest man in rock Dave Grohl proves that title is deserved in a touching Letter To My Younger Self where he reflects on life in Nirvana and beyond, his relationship with his mother and how that informs the relationship he has with his daughters
Today for Tomorrow
This week, young people quizzed MPs on how they plan to protect future generations, we report on the next steps
One year of Covid
Reflecting on the 12 months since the first UK case was confirmed, Dr Jeeves Wijesuriya says it’s time to protect out most valuable resource – NHS workers
- It’s clearly been a devastating year for people’s mental health but there is light at the end of the tunnel according to Dr Dean Burnett
- Cal Flyn finds hope in the power of nature to claw its way back to health after the devastation wrought by human activity
- Anyone can have a fabulous garden – even if you don’t have a magic money tree says Angela Scanlon
- After a bruising few months, America comes together for a gentle kickabout on Sunday. Yes it’s the Super Bowl, and two-time winner Osi Umenyiora tells us why this year’s game is more significant than ever
- Neglecting the veg patch over winter? You’ll reap what you sow, says Big Issue vendor Richard Todd
- And find out why a tiny town in Lapland is bidding to host the 2032 summer Olympics…
Plus plenty more!
Click HERE to subscribe to The Big Issue today or why not give a gift subscription to a friend or family member – it’s the gift that keeps on giving! You can also purchase one-off issues from The Big Issue app, available now from the App Store or Google Play.