Singer, songwriter, glittery icon… Declan McKenna is the voice of a new generation and he answers readers’ questions in this exclusive interview.
Plus: The pandemic’s been a lucrative time for tech giants – and it’s exacerbating concentrations of global megawealth. What can be done to rebalance the system?
- This week’s Letter To My Younger Self is with fast funny-man Paul Whitehouse, who realised at 16 his football dream wasn’t going to play out – luckily he scored on the comedy scene
- What will the fossilised masks from the Covid age tell our descendants about how humanity chose to respond to the crisis?
- Cinemas are opening again but as Hollywood blockbusters have all been delayed we’ve got Italian ones instead. So the classic tale of Pinocchio returns, this time with all its rough edges
- When prison libraries closed due to coronavirus, one group was determined to ensure prisoners could keep reading
- Our My Pitch is with James in Devon, who was struggling to cope with the impact of lockdown until his community did something extraordinary
- And is height a risk factor for Covid – or is that all just a tall tale?
And much, much more!
Head out and buy a magazine from your local vendor – they need your support more than ever.
You can keep us going by subscribing to the magazine to receive it every week directly to your door or device. Head to bigissue.com/subscribe for more details.
You can also get a copy in stores for the first time. Head to Sainsbury’s, McColl’s, Co-op, Asda or WH Smith to grab the latest issue.