The new space race takes off
Half a century ago, Britain cancelled its space programme. We take a look at the legacy of the Black Arrow rocket and find out how it connects to the pioneers looking to the stars again. We also profile the billionaires competing with each other to see who’ll be first to launch themselves – and their ego – into orbit.
We speak to the greatest space explorer there’s ever been. Yes, Captain Kirk himself talks about life, the universe and his plan to save the future.
- Why The Big Issue is starting a new Breakthrough programme to help young journalists break into the industry
- We find out whether Sajid Javid comparing Covid to the flu is Fact/Fiction
- Renowned biographer Peter Ackroyd tells his own story in a Letter To My Younger Self
- James Norton on his emotional new film Nowhere Special
- Why people are desperate to leave their comfort zones and test the limits of their endurance after lockdown, explains Jenny Valentish
- And to finish our space theme, how we can be hopeful about the eventual end of the universe, by cosmologist Katie Mack
- We bid a fond farewell to Bath vendor Ian Duff (and his dog Boycie) as he moves back into the kitchen. Wishing them all the best!
Plus much more!
Please support your local Big Issue vendor on their pitches in England, Scotland and Wales. If you cannot reach local your vendor, you can still click HERE to subscribe to The Big Issue today or give a gift subscription to a friend or family member. You can also purchase one-off issues from The Big Issue app, available now from the App Store or Google Play.