In a world turned upside down, Hamilton is bringing blockbusting, world-shaking theatre and life-affirming spirit into our homes. Its creator Lin-Manuel Miranda has a thing or two to say about rising up when history has its eye on you.
- Maddy Brown-Clark sold US street paper Street Roots. Years ago when she was homeless in LA she met Little Richard, who had pulled up in a limo to give out money to rough sleepers. He listened to her sing and a mutual respect grew. After his death in May, Maddy remembers her friend, Little Richard
- Martin Kemp looks back on Live Aid, meeting his perfect partner and the toughest – and luckiest – period of his life
- Does sunlight kill Covid-19? Rather than check with Donald Trump, we looked into it ourselves
- Actor Daniel Mays tells us how lockdown has been for him
- London vendor Giovanni Casadio says being off his pitch has been hell but believes somebody somewhere has a higher plan for him now that things are starting to get back to where they were
All this, and more, only in this week’s Big Issue!
You can keep us going by subscribing to the magazine to receive it every week directly to your door or device. Head to bigissue.com/subscribe for more details.
You can also get a copy in stores for the first time. Head to Sainsbury’s, McColl’s, Co-op, Asda or WH Smith to grab the latest issue.