Diagnosed with Asperger’s/autism when he was five, Dara McAnulty has relied on nature to bring stability and solace to his world, only for Covid-19 to turn things upside down. Now a leading light of the conservation and climate movement, and with a debut book, Dara explains what happens when a naturalist is denied access to nature.
Also inside this week’s magazine:
- We speak to Vic Reeves and Natasia Demetriou as they launch their horticultural take on Bake Off, The Big Flower Fight
- Economist, professor and author Robert Reich, who has served under several US presidents, looks at capitalism as part of our After the Virus series
- In his Letter to My Younger Self, MasterChef mainstay and writer Jay Rayner recalls how the death of his best pal when he was a teenager changed his life forever
- Sam Delaney enthuses over the TV adaptation of Normal People
- Vendor couple Pamela and Paul reveal how they’re using a Big Issue-donated laptop to chronicle their lockdown life
- Our new Fix It column handily tackles the issue of sorting a faulty game controller
All this and more only in The Big Issue this week!
You can keep us going by subscribing to the magazine to receive it every week directly to your door or device. Head to bigissue.com/subscribe for more details.
You can also get a copy in stores for the first time. Head to Sainsbury’s, McColl’s, Co-op, Asda or WH Smith to grab the latest issue.