Our Augmented Reality special hit the streets on Monday and you’ve been all busy making the most of it.
The magazine is packed full of exclusive content only available through the genARate app so we’ve put together a handy guide to experiencing your Big Issue like never before.
— The Big Issue (@BigIssue) January 7, 2019
From cover to cover there’s plenty to see – so here’s a list of everything to make sure you don’t miss out.
- Scan our cover and let vendor Ann introduce you to this special edition.
- Next head to page 22 and let ex-Razorlight drummer and Snowman and the Snowdog composer Andy Burrows and author Matt Haig help you find the joy in a toxic world as they talk social media and mental health, plus scan the page to see Andy perform exlsuive tracks from new album ‘Reasons To Stay Alive’.
- Our street art page comes to life on page 35 this week thanks to some AR magic meaning you can swipe through a full gallery!
- Flip the page and let David Tennant soothe you to sleep with a bedtime story as he reads from Cressida Cowell’s The Wizards of Once. Simply scan the page with the genARate app to snuggle up.
- Just over the page author David Keenan recalls The Troubles, Jacakanory-style as he reads an extract from For The Good Times.
- How much John C Reilly is too much asks our film critic Graeme Virtue. Find out what he had to say about the Oscar-predicted Stan & Ollie plus scan the page to see the trailer and read more from Graeme.
- We also head down under with our vendor city guide! Big Issue Australia vendor Bob takes you around Sydney as he reveals the city’s secrets. Scan the page to bring the map to life.
- And finally, time for our cover star to shine as we bring you My Pitch as you’ve never seen it before. Exeter vendor Anne Warke tells her story as she battles with Universal Credit delays. Simply scan the page to watch her story in full.