The most famous hospitality worker in the country, Fred Sirieix from First Dates and many other foodie related shows, is at the heart of an industry in crisis. After a year of lockdown, restaurants, hotels and cafes are hoping to bounce back – but they can’t find the staff. Sirieix explains why the hospitality crisis started well before Covid – but he has a solution to fix it.
Usually found selling The Big Issue in Wadebridge, Cornwall, Richard has decided to sell all he owns and walk the length of the UK. “The walk is about my enjoyment, my creativity and my passion,” he explains. We’ll be following his progress over the coming days and weeks.
- Now the eviction ban is ending, how can we prevent mass homelessness and enshrine housing as a human right?
- We visit the gallery where rocker-turned-photographer Bryan Adams’ portraits of vendors have gone on show
- Pundit Pat Nevin says in his Letter To My Younger Self he did everything he could to prevent becoming a professional footballer but failed, which turned out to be a good thing
- Celebrated nature writer Robert Macfarlane has teamed up with acclaimed actor Johnny Flynn to make an album about taking this chance to renew
- How a new app from Big Issue Exchange will help people build their financial resilience
- Former boxer Tony Bellew gives us his top tips for when it seems life has punched you in the face
- And Travis frontman Fran Healy talks us through the Music That Made Me – watch the video online here!
Plus even more!
Please support your local Big Issue vendor on their pitches in England, Scotland and Wales. If you cannot reach local your vendor, you can still click HERE to subscribe to The Big Issue today or give a gift subscription to a friend or family member. You can also purchase one-off issues from The Big Issue app, available now from the App Store or Google Play.