Big Energy Saving Loans
Big Issue Invest is offering loan finance between £20,000 to £150,000 to social enterprises and charities in England, for energy efficiency and renewable energy installation.
This lending programme is aimed at enabling social enterprises and charities to access loan funding to help save money on energy during the unprecedented cost of living crisis.
Investment can be used for a variety of projects, including:
- Buying and installing renewable energy equipment
- Heat exchangers and heat pumps
- LED light installations
- Replacing old gas fired boiler systems with new efficient ones
- Property improvements, such as extra single glazing on existing windows, double glazing improvements, systematic draught improvements
- Energy efficiency survey and technical assistance costs
You can apply for a Big Energy saving Loan if:
- Your organisation is a social enterprise or charity*
- There is a clear energy saving case in the works proposed
- You can demonstrate an ability to repay finance
- You are a well-managed organisation with good governance
- You are based in England
The loans can be structured to your individual needs. They can be unsecured which means we will not require you to put any personal guarantees in place, or interfere with other financing arrangements that require security.
If you’re interested in learning more or would like to apply for our Big Energy Savings Loans, please fill out the form via the button below and a member of our team will get back to you.
*Note: If your organisation is a Company Limited by Shares, we would require it to have an asset lock, dividend lock and social mission in place within its governance documents.
Big Energy Saving Loans in action
Meet the community generating its own renewable electricity