Many vendors will be returning to sell The Big Issue this week. And waiting to greet them is perhaps the most iconic superstar of our age, Dolly Parton, who talks about Elvis, Johnny Cash and so much more in an exclusive Letter To My Younger Self! Vendors will be working 9 to 5 (or other times, whatever they feel is the best way to make a livin’) with Dolly by their side to really get us up and running for Christmas.
As if one singing star wasn’t enough, we reveal Sam Fender’s collaboration with The Big Issue, with his new single Winter Song raising awareness of homelessness. Have a listen! He spoke to our vendor Earl to find out more about what life is like for a vendor and we have produced a special collector’s cover for sale via Sam’s online store. 27.2 thousand likes on Instagram (so far) can’t be wrong!
Corrie at 60
As the world’s longest running TV soap turns 60 we take a walk down the cobbles to find out how the show has shifted attitudes on the biggest social issues facing the country over the last six decades.
- We welcome our next Big Issue Brand Ambassador, actor Daniel Mays, who has already been spreading the message about the work we do on TV and radio – take a look!
- Tuppence Middleton talks about playing the woman behind the man behind Citizen Kane in new Netflix film Mank
- How have Ride Out Recession Alliance members reacted to the Chancellor’s Spending Review?
- Learn about the reverse advent calendar to help your local foodbank
- Find out why you should take up martial arts from our vendor expert Simone Gill
- And in Fact/Fiction – does walking your dog give you Covid? (no)
Plus plenty more, including an incredibly cute picture of a hedgehog!
The latest Big Issue magazine is available now, from vendors all over the UK.
You can also order a copy of the magazine to be delivered anywhere in the world from The Big Issue Shop