As the nation cowers under a Brexit nervous breakdown, we have solutions. And the solution is always, ALWAYS The Big Issue.
Inside this week
- Maintain the Status Quo – Letter To My Younger Self with the don of denim Francis Rossi
- Pint? Pub landlord on his part in our downfall, and his new band of brothers FAT COPS
- This week’s Changemaker is the righteous Sarah Burrows. Head of Children Heard and Seen she is working for children of prisoners. ‘They didn’t have anywhere to go that was free from judgement’, she says
- Investigation by Liam Geraghty into modern slavery in Britain – and what The Big Issue is doing about it.
- A few months ago. Emma Thompson wrote to Wendy Mitchell about Mitchell’s open and moving account of living with early onset dementia. This week, Wendy replies to Emma through The Big Issue. It’s a brilliant and moving piece.
- The necessity of Fleabag and Derry Girls, by Lucy Sweet
- Where’s Churchill now, asks John Bird in his weekly column
- The magazine is opened and closed by Dodge Dawson, a vendor at Hackney Downs. It’s very honest interview about life as a recovering alcoholic
There is MUCH more inside.