Around 20 years ago pop icon George Michael gave an interview to The Big Issue after years of completely avoiding the media. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Next week the heart-warming film Last Christmas opens in cinemas, inspired by some of George Michael’s music. It also says a lot about homelessness – an aspect of the storyline suggested by George himself before his untimely death.
We speak to the star of the film Emilia Clarke about life after Game of Thrones, her own housing and health problems and her Best. Christmas. Ever.
We also hear from Dame Emma Thompson who wrote the film about how George Michael inspired the film and how to brighten up our dark times.
And in a world exclusive – George Michael’s sister Melanie Panayiotou writes for the first time anywhere about her brother and his legacy.
- With electioneering underway we encourage readers to take the Future Generations pledge
- This week’s Letter To My Younger Self is folk singer Peggy Seeger. Look out for the book featuring some of the best Letters to Younger Selves in a book store or supermarket near you…
- Street artist STIK has decorated a section of the Berlin Wall to mark the 30th anniversary of its fall
- This week’s My Pitch vendor is Elena in Bristol
- Plus: Does the NHS really treat 5000 diabetic patients each day?
And as always, even more inside!