The Boo Issue
This Halloween, it’s not movie monsters that will frighten you but a new batch of horror films hammering home important messages about the big issues of the day. We speak to the director and stars of upcoming Netflix release His House to find out why they are finding their scares in the real world.
Kids cover competition
It’s that most wonderful time of the year again when we launch our traditional kids cover competition. If you know any budding young artists make sure to get them involved!
- Fearne Cotton got to live her dream as a presenter – but found the price of fame was costly. She is also on the cover of the magazine that will be sold in retail outlets this week.
- John Bird writes about why it’s vital that the government props up the UK’s economic recovery
- We speak to a leading games urbanist about how tech is keeping the idea of the heaving metropolis alive in our minds
- Our handsome guest film columnist gives us the lowdown on Street Cat Bob’s new meowvie, which will be a heart-warming early Christmas gift
- This week’s vendor expert is star trekker Richard Cotterill while Adam in Edinburgh shares the importance of the community around him in My Pitch
Plus much more!
The latest Big Issue magazine is available now, from vendors all over the UK. If you’re unable to reach your local vendor, you can still subscribe to receive the magazine directly to your door or purchase through the Big Issue app.