It’s The Big Issue’s Big Raffle! Would you like a personal guitar lesson with Serge from Kasabian? Or boxing tips from Olympic gold medallist Luke Campbell? Or breakfast and a chat with Lorraine Kelly?
Since March, we’ve been going all out to change – and save – The Big Issue during this crisis. We need funds to support our vendors while they can’t sell on the street, and this is where The Big Raffle comes in. Ticket sales will raise us some much-needed cash while giving you a chance to win time with one of our celebrity friends. Who else is on board as a prize? Find out inside.
Also inside this week’s magazine:
- Iconic singer-songwriter Judy Collins lived talks about meeting a poet called Leonard Cohen in 1964 in a Letter to My Younger Self
- We speak to Dame Louise Casey to find out about her plans for ending rough sleeping in the longer term
- Do tests on hamsters show that masks are effective at stopping the spread of Covid-19? And did the hamsters wear teeny-tiny masks? We burrow into the claims in our Fact/Fiction column
- Inbetweeners star Simon Bird has directed his first feature and by strange coincidence it’s all about a mother and son forced to spend more time together than they ever anticipated. He says moving behind the camera is a sure sign he’s left his youth behind him
- London vendor Jane already knew what isolation felt like before the lockdown began. But even for her this has been tough, she tells us
All this, and more, only in this week’s Big Issue!
You can keep us going by subscribing to the magazine to receive it every week directly to your door or device. Head to bigissue.com/subscribe for more details.
You can also get a copy in stores for the first time. Head to Sainsbury’s, McColl’s, Co-op, Asda or WH Smith to grab the latest issue.