Stay cool with The Big Issue!
Summer’s here but the time is not quite right for dancing in the streets. With more people staying closer to home this year, we look at how to sprinkle your summer with magic. Firstly, we climb onboard a coach tour to find out if the dream holiday of a couple of generations ago is the answer to our problems. Then the globetrotting Grand Tour gang tell us about how to find the exotic closer to home – even if it’s raining. And the organisers of one of the biggest arts festivals in the world tell us how they are keeping the show on the road at the Edinburgh International Festival.
Street Cat Bob statue
We were on the scene as James Bowen unveiled a statue of Street Cat Bob near their old pitch in Islington. It’s purrfect! [You can watch a video from the day here]
- As office life resumes for many, we have tips for those anxious about returning to the office
- Jackson Browne would tell his younger self to take it easy (and get some singing lessons)
- Kat Von D tells us about the Music That Made Me – turns out The Cure are a good remedy for a broken heart
- Young author Libby Scott tells us how it feels to go through the process of being diagnosed as autistic
- Weston-super-Mare vendor Mary introduces us to her Jack Russell, Cooper
- And we pay tribute to Cheltenham vendor Chris Clark who died last month
Plus much more!
Please support your local Big Issue vendor on their pitches in England, Scotland and Wales. If you cannot reach local your vendor, you can still click HERE to subscribe to The Big Issue today or give a gift subscription to a friend or family member. You can also purchase one-off issues from The Big Issue app, available now from the App Store or Google Play.