Stop Mass Homelessness
The Big Issue was launched 30 years ago to tackle the homelessness crisis. Today, a global pandemic has made the issue of homelessness bigger than ever. Hundreds of thousands of households are at risk right now – that’s why we’re launching a campaign to prevent the immediate threat of mass homelessness and invest in plans to protect future generations. Find out more about our nine-point plan in this week’s magazine.
And alongside the new campaign in this bumper edition we look at different aspects of the housing crisis. Architect and presenter George Clarke explains what he’d do if he was Housing Minister, we investigate how the ongoing cladding scandal is impacting the availability of affordable housing, we explain why Housing First is the radical approach to tackle homelessness that works and more…
- Aisling Bea tells us how to deal with big issues while still being funny
- Woman’s Equality Party chief Mandu Reid writes about the racism directed at the England football team
- As the starting gun on the Olympics fires we speak to Jonathan Edwards about when he realised he was just a hop, skip and a jump from sporting immortality – and we also talk to vendors of The Big Issue Japan as the world’s attention turns to Tokyo
- Phantom Thread star Vicky Krieps on the time-twisting power of M Night Shyamalan’s latest film
- And we report on the locals in New Milton who installed a bench and plaque where much-loved vendor Ed Sirani used to sell so the “heart of our community” would be remembered
Plus much more!
Please support your local Big Issue vendor on their pitches in England, Scotland and Wales. If you cannot reach local your vendor, you can still click HERE to subscribe to The Big Issue today or give a gift subscription to a friend or family member. You can also purchase one-off issues from The Big Issue app, available now from the App Store or Google Play.