The future is here: Where festivals go next
Download and beyond
Large-scale events are being tested for a post-Covid world. We sent intrepid metalhead Liam Geraghty to Download Festival to report on what it was like to mosh maskless in a muddy field after over a year of lockdown and social isolation. It was a glimpse into the future…
LGBTQ people are more likely to be lonely in old age but there’s a community reaching out to ease the pain
With the deadline for EU settled status looming, we find out if it’s right to be concerned about a Windrush-type scandal
- Black Widow gets her shot at a solo movie, and it’s the fact she’s a superhero without a superpower that makes her special, says the film’s director Cate Shortland
- He may be a real gone kid, but Deacon Blue’s frontman Ricky Ross says it’s because he’s managed to avoid real work for 40 years, in a Letter To My Younger Self
- Fact/Fiction – MPs say the term ‘white privilege’ is harmful to non-minority pupils. We ask to see their working
- The remarkable story of the almost forgotten woman, Etta Lemon, who founded the conservation movement as we know it today
- And our vendor Oprea Raducan shares his tips on how to build a successful business
Plus much more!
Please support your local Big Issue vendor on their pitches in England, Scotland and Wales. If you cannot reach local your vendor, you can still click HERE to subscribe to The Big Issue today or give a gift subscription to a friend or family member. You can also purchase one-off issues from The Big Issue app, available now from the App Store or Google Play.