We know so much of the news around the cost of living crisis can be overwhelming. So we’re doing something about it. The Big Issue is launching a cost of living newsletter to help our readers navigate the crisis, bringing the latest news, money-saving tips, uplifting stories showing the strength of our communities and ways to take action on the issues you care about.
We won’t shy away from the difficult topics or brush over the harsh realities, but there is also so much room for hope. There are people doing incredible work, calling on the government for change, demanding a better future and demonstrating what that can look like.
It’s not down to individuals to fix the economy, but neither are we powerless. Survival Guide newsletter isn’t going to fix everything – but we hope to remind people that change is possible. We can tackle this together. And we’ll bring a smile to your face as we do it.
Want to try our cost of living newsletter before you sign up?Read all of our past issues below.
- September 27, Issue 24: Mum’s the word
- September 7, Issue 23: We put Rishi’s face on a removals van
- August 31, Issue 22: Ulez costs Londoners. But pollution costs lives
- August 24, Issue 21: Comedians juggle bills
- August 17, Issue 20: What the Tories won’t tell you about inflation
- July 27, Issue 19: Kids eat free, affordable childcare and more this summer
- July 20, Issue 18: Keir Starmer… Sir Kid Starver?
- July 13, Issue 17: Women are dying early. Public services are failing them
- July 6, Issue 16: Disabled people are ‘set up to fail’ by the government
- June 29, Issue 15: The fight to end child hunger
- June 22, Issue 14: What is this mortgage madness?
- June 8, Issue 13: Meet the gay veterans fighting for justice
- June 1, Issue 12: Is the government denying disabled people their rights?
- May 25, Issue 11: Welcome to the food frenzy
- May 18, Issue 10: I will not give up my cheese sandwich
- May 11, Issue 9: The real migrant crisis
- May 4, Issue 8: Sex for rent | Coronation costs | Billions unclaimed
- April 27, Issue 7: Did the Bank of England just tell us to stop whining?
- April 20, Issue 6: Can you solve this tricky puzzle?
- April 13, Issue 5: Pack your bags. We’re moving to Abu Dhabi
- April 6, Issue 4: Did someone say free food?
- March 30, Issue 3: Are boomers to blame?
- March 23, Issue 2: Meet the mums on hunger strike
- March 16, Issue 1: Did they fudge the budget?