Power Up London Accelerator Programme
The Power Up London accelerator programme aims to support early-stage social trading organisations that are addressing social and/or environmental issues by providing services to marginalised communities in London. It includes non-financial support and the possibility to access grant funding.
The Power Up London accelerator programme will provide up to 20 participants with four months of intensive non-financial assistance including mentoring, business support, training, and networking opportunities, along with the possibility to access up to £22,000 in grant funding at the end.
This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund
We are looking for early-stage impact-first initiatives and organisations that wish to develop or grow their traded income and can clearly communicate how the Power Up London accelerator programme will help them become financially sustainable and grow their impact.
- Informal teams, charities, or companies with an impact-first structure*
- Have a social purpose, a profit cap, and an asset lock
- Based in and impacting Greater London
- Registered for less than 5 years by 22 March 2024
- Have a maximum annual income of £500,000
- Be looking to generate new or grow existing trading income activities
*Individuals and unincorporated organisations are eligible to participate, but will need to register as a company or charity to access the grant funding at the end of the programme.
We’re seeking to support impact-first initiatives and organisations which reach the most marginalised communities and promote inclusion in Greater London.
We will prioritise initiatives and organisations that:
- Are led by, or working with people from marginalised communities in Greater London, that fall into one or more of the below categories:
- People from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic
- People with disabilities
- LGBTQIA+ communities
- People with lived experience of a social challenge
- People experiencing socio-economic disadvantages
- Are led by people with direct experience of the issues they are seeking to support
- Exist for the primary purpose of increasing environmental sustainability or are looking to improve their work on environmental issues
- Have an existing social impact track record, or social impact potential
- Have a plan for growing and developing new products and services
- Are in the early stages of development and would benefit from help to build structures to grow
- Intend to hire new staff members within the next 6 months
Applications for Cohort 2 close on Friday 22 March 2024 at 23:59 (UK time)
- Check that you meet our Application Criteria above
- Complete a written application by using the APPLY HERE link below
- If successful, we will be in touch to offer you a place
- Watch the recording of the Q&A session from cohort 1
- Download our Application Guidance
- Download the Application Questions for Informal Initiatives and Individuals or Download the Application Questions for Organisations
- If you have any questions and would like to get in touch with our team directly, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.